Skip to main content

November 10 : It's That Depressing Part of Year Again {Winter}



 It's November now, and Winter Is Coming! I completed the second book of Song of Ice and Fire series (GoT) last night. I've never been into book sagas, but this one seems captivating enough to make an exception. I'm going to issue the third novel tomorrow besides it is helping me to budge on my screen time which is skyrocketing this year. I'm currently on an average six hr cycle on the phone with times of even eight-plus hours. My eyesight has become weaker, and I'll soon need to change the lenses now. Does it ever end?

One of the notables things that happened in this half of the year was IIT Indore ending up 2nd in the country in THE ranking. Although a personal achievement at institute level, it's not something to brag publicly. The most plausible theory behind this anomalous occurrence is the parameters used by the ranking org which were more of a modular than cumulative ones. Research/no. of branches, accomplishments/number of student, etc. I would have joined the incessant gloating if it were QS or NIRF ranking but it isn't. And much too my dismay QS' first India only ranking was released a few days back, and it showed us at exactly at the position where we were in the NIRF last time. I'm not a pessimistic guy, and I sincerely believe that IITI will accomplish much more elaborate and monumental feats, but this doesn't seem that kind.

Comments

  1. Hello vedant,

    We are a modeling agency based in mumbai. We wanted you to come onboard with us.
    We can definitely use your style!

    -Dankproductions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment